Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT ARE THE THINGS I SHOULD CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING AN AIR CONDITIONER?
• When choosing an air conditioner, the most important thing to know is the horsepower requirement of your space. Determine the size/area (in sqm) of your room, for this will be the basis for the AC’s cooling capacity or HP requirement. Knowing the perfect sized unit will give you the best cooling performance and lower operating cost.
• After determining the size, you may now select the type of AC (Window, split or package type) depending on your budget and cooling requirement. You may also choose between a regular or inverter type AC.
• Select a unit with a high EER for greater energy savings.
WHAT IS EER?
EER stands for Energy Efficient Ratio that measures the air conditioner’s efficiency by dividing the cooling capacity with the energy usage in watt-hours. The higher the EER, the more efficient the air conditioner is.
Higher EER means greater energy savings.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A SPLIT-TYPE AND WINDOW TYPE AIR CONDITIONER?
Split-type Air conditioner:
• Has two units, the outdoor unit that holds the compressor and the indoor unit where the evaporator is placed.
• Size varies from 1 to 3 horsepower.
Window Type Air Conditioner:
• Has all its components inside a single unit.
• Generally made to fit windows or wall openings
• Size varies from 0.5 to 2.5 HP.
Despite the differences, both air conditioners can provide efficient cooling depending on your space requirement.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF HAVING AN INVERTER AC?
• Inverter air conditioners can let you save up to 60% in energy savings.
• Inverter AC’s can operate at variable speed to precisely maintain the set temperature
• At startup, it can increase compressor operating frequency, letting you enjoy faster cooling.
WHAT IS A FULL DC INVERTER?
Full DC Inverter is composed of three DC Inverter technology; The DC Inverter Indoor Fan, DC Inverter Compressor, and DC Inverter Outdoor Fan. These three components can control their speed individually to match the room's cooling requirement and eliminate uncontrolled temperature swings that can compromise cooling efficiency.
WHERE CAN I BUY KOLIN PRODUCTS?
You can purchase Kolin products in leading home appliance stores nationwide. To know the nearest appliance store in your area, check out our list of our Accredited Dealers: https://www.kolinphil.com.ph/accredited-dealers
WHAT IS NETHOME PLUS APPLICATION?
NET HOME Plus is a downloadable application available at Play Store for Android and AppStore for IOS, which is used to control the settings of Primus Series Air Conditioner with Smart Controller.
Using the NET HOME Plus App offers you several functions, some of which are managing the temperature, setting the timer, turning on or off the Primus Series, and other useful actions that you can easily control anytime and anywhere even when you're away.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I HAVE MY AC CLEANED?
• Clean the aircon filters at least once a month. Refer to your user’s manual for details on how to properly clean your air filter.
• Have your AC cleaned by a professional service technician every 6 months.
Keeping your unit clean can help in maximizing your unit’s performance, saving energy consumption, and increasing the lifespan of your unit.
WHEN WILL MY UNIT’S WARRANTY BE CONSIDERED VOID?
If your unit was installed and repaired by any unauthorized service center instead of Kolin’s accredited service provider, then all the entitled warranty under the specific product will be void. We suggest contacting our service hotlines at (02) 8-852-6868 or 0917-8118982 or sending us a message on our Official Facebook and Instagram pages to know the nearest Accredited Service Center in your area.
MY AC STOPPED COOLING, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
1. For remote controlled units, check if the unit is in cool mode, while for manually operated units, see if the thermostat is set to high.
2. Check the air filters if dirty. If so, have it cleaned.
If the issue persists, call our service hotlines at (02) 8-852-6868 or 0917-8118982